Friday 25 January 2008

The Insane Old Lady
I had just turned 12 when we moved into the little house that sat back farther from the road than any of the other houses on the street. I never found out why it was this way, but it always seemed strange to me.My parents owned a restaurant, so we were only at the house from 11p.m. to 5 a.m for the short time we lived there.
One night (for some reason I don't recall), my Mother and I went home earlier ahead of my Father. A short while after going to bed, we began to hear music. Thinking it was me, my Mom asked me to turn the music off and go to sleep. I explained to her it was not me. We got up to hunt for thesource of the music but never discovered where it was coming from.
A few weeks after the music incident, we arrived home around 11 pm and found our very protective dog barking and acting very strange. We always parked the car in front of the house. So there we sat watching our beloved spaniel going crazy in the front yard with his attention on the garage. Thinking it was a cat or some other small animal my Father turned his attention there to see what was bothering "Rags". He then asked my Mom to look and tell him what she saw. Of course, by this time, I was also looking, and this is what we saw: The old wooden doors were open and in the middle of the garage sat what appeared to be an elderly lady sitting in a chair rocking back and forth very slowly. We were stunned to say the least.
My Father started the car, and with the headlights on directed the car toward the garage. And we saw..........nothing!
He turned the car off and again we saw the lady. Rags is still going berserk and we don't know what to do.So again my Dad turns the lights on. There is absolutely nothing in the garage, nothing to reflect light, just nothing. My Mom by this time is refusing to go in the house, so we spent the night at my older sister's
We didn't spend another night at the little house. It was sold soon after. We later learned that a lady who lived there previously had gone insane after her husband left her. We were unable to find out if she died in the house or what happened to her. I pray she found peace.
From BrendaStar

No comments: