Friday 25 January 2008

Near Death Experience
This happened when I was 18 years old. I'm now thirty and I still remember this story with great clarity.
When I was young, I was a tad stupid. I used to bonnet surf. If you don't know what that is, it's when you stand or sit on a bonnet of a car while it is moving. Anyway, I was half sitting, half kneeling on the bonnet of my mates car. He kept going faster, and instead of telling him to slow down I just laughed. It was fun, I'll admit. It went out of control and the car crashed and flipped over, crushing part of me.
I went unconscious and came back again. I was lying on the ground in a pool of my blood in tremendous pain. The car was off me and there were police sirens around me. Suddenly, I saw at the end of the street a black figure. It started off small but as it kept coming toward me it kept getting bigger and bigger untill it was dominating my vision. It was the shape of a person in a black cloak and as it kept coming nearer and nearer I kept swearing at it, telling it to go away. The medics thought I was losing it and pumped me with morphine. I lost consciousness then and woke up in hospital.
A week and a bit later, I was still banged up pretty bad but getting better. One night I was sleeping in my hospital room when I suddenly jerked awake. Standing near the window was the figure in the black cloak. I was completely scared that I was frozen stiff.
Suddenly the figure raced across the room and out the door. I swear to God, as soon as the figure passed my bed I felt my body weaken. It was like my Spirit was being pulled out of my body and then sunk back in again. My body actually came up from the bed when that happened.
The next day I was still a little shook up but excited because I was being shifted out of ICU, which meant that I was going to live. I noticed that my usually happy nurse was a tad quiet and looked sad that morning. When I asked her what was wrong she told me that one of her patients across the corrider from me had passed away last night.
You can imagine what I thought.
From alexis johansson

No comments: